Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What We've Been Up To

Whew! What a whirlwind the last three months have been. But I am finally getting into a schedule. Hannah's in Kindergarden and Loving It! Kylie and I are slowly getting into a schedule where we *try* to do preschool each day. She is getting better at writing her "K" and she loves to cut and paste! She is so different then Hannah when it comes to learning. At this age, Hannah was already writing her name and her attention span was quite a bit longer than Kylie's. But I think when you add two more squirming attention loving children into the mix you realize you don't always have the flexible schedule you once had. All that being said....Kylie and I are beginning to extend our preschool sessions and I find that if I plan in advance (duh!) the session goes much better!

Today we are making Jar o' Lanterns. Yes, Yes, I know its a bit early to be pulling out all the orange, green and brown paint along with gathering all the fun Fall Crafts but I can't help it! I love the seasons!!! And I didn't hear Kylie complaining. :)


First We Gathered All Our Materials


Then I asked Kylie what kind of faces she wanted on her jar o' lanters...Here is what she showed me:



I tried my best to "capture" the "Kylie Faces"


Then we got to the fun part: Painting!!


And Here are the jar o' lanterns completely painted and drying.


Finished Project Pending! Will Post Later!

As for Drew...well he was a bit fussy which made for an extremely busy morning of multi-tasking. You know, helping Kylie not cut her hair and not paint the table or her clothes or herself along with a lot of rocking, singing, talking, rocking, feeding, rocking. Ahh...life is good.

1 notes:

Bethany said...

I can't wait to see the finished product, that is so cute already!

It is definitely not easy to juggle a newborn and teach a preschooler. Teaching our neighborhood group last year was one of the hardest things I've done, but it was so worth it! Was it hard? Yes! Would I do it again? Yes!

You are an awesome mommy and will do so good teaching K because you have been a teacher. I look forward to hearing about your adventures. :)