Thursday, November 20, 2008

CITY LIGHTS






Here is the blog about City lights.....I received the pics so I will hold up my end of the bargain....tehe

City lights was a spectacular night. Again, cheek to cheek with people we did not know but everyone was in the Christmas Spirit.........yes, I know. Its not even Thanksgiving yet, but ya know.......you do what ya gotta do! Sorry Turkeys!!!

So for those who did not attend I will explain. Neiman Marcus put on this awesome Holiday Lights Display where they light up the whole downtown area with Christmas lights (which by the way was like being in NYC), but they have a countdown to the actual lighting of Neiman Marcus along with ten, I think, different trees designed and decorated by children who had won the christmas tree decorating contest. Got that? heehee
So anyhoo, we kicked off the festivities with face painting and meeting the furry snowman! And I'm not talking about the ameteur face painting here. This was hard core. The lady was a professional who I assume did face painting for big shows. She was painting whole butterflies on children, spiderman and his web, just extreme things. So anyhoo, after waiting in line an hour (we were fifth in line, mind you) we were finally going to go next. This is where things got a little interesting. Hannah starts saying she needs to go potty. Uh, I don't think so little girl. There is NO WAY I am going to leave this line after waiting a whole hour! So I keep telling Hannah that we're almost done, her turn is next, just hold it PLEASE!!!!!! So, like the champ she is Hannah keeps holding it. I am hoping that the painting will distract her. I ask Hannah what she wants so I can just tell the lady. Hannah's only request was PINK> cool, easy enough. We get up on the stool, and I am praying that Hannah's little two year old body does NOT confuse it for a toilet, and tell Ms. Extreme Face Painter that we just want a simple pink ornament. So.....in true fashion, Ms. Exteme goes on to throw out other ideas and examples all the while I am shouting at her in my head to hurry the heck up!!!!!!!!!!!! So we convince Ms. Extreme to take it down a notch, for petes sake, she is only TWO. So after she finally finished I swoop up Hannah and race her to the nearest restroom (Thank you again Iron Cactus!!!!!). That girl peed FOREVER........I thought she would never quit. I was so PROUD of her!! **Oh ya, by the way, her painting was cute**
Along with that craziness Hannah got to meet Mr. Snowman who was walking around and entertaing the children. And every time Hannah would get a glimpse of Mr. Snowman she would wave at him (which was a gazilion times). Also, she got to see all the blow-up Snowmans and Santas. She loved it. It was quite windy and rather chilly for Texas but it was fun. After we did all that we gathered downtown by Neiman Marcus to watch the Grand Entrance of Santa Claus. Boy of boy do they go all out!!! Santa came whipping down on a zip cord with fireworks going off.......it was quite the production. Apparently everything in TEXAS is bigger........ I think Hannah liked it, I was so amazed by it I forgot to look at her. That and my dang camera wasn't working properly. Then all the lights came on and it was beautiful. Although I was confused with the butterflies they chose to use as decorations. I guess all the snowman, candy canes, mistletoe, etc are overrated......hmmm.
So all in all it was a great, fun FREE evening. And there is a lot more happenings on this month and next but no worries!! I will only post pics and not bore you with all the going-ons!!! haha Trust me, coming from a small town that had NOTHING to offer to living in a city that has everything to offer, you best bet I am going to be toting my family around so they get the best holiday memories. Plus, who wouldn't want to see Santa whip down on a zip cord???


0 notes: